Saturday, March 3, 2012

Surgery Update

My foot is slowly healing and the pain is subsiding.

Well, slowly I am returning to the barn.  Yesterday afternoon Alan brought Clara Bell out into the yard and I watched as she got some exercise and explored.  She walked the fence line with the yearling heifers.  She walked around the shed smelled the trees and grass and then would 'run' over to me for a few seconds then back to exploring.  She was trying so hard to run and buck like calves do, but is not quite strong enough yet, to do so.  She also had her first visitors yesterday.  This morning she had more visitors that came to see her.  Getting up on her own is still not happening, but she is still trying.  She is nursing completely on her own now!

The calf we doctored for pneumonia last weekend is completely over it and doing well.

On a personal note, our daughter is getting married!  Our family is growing.  We will be gaining a son in law (though I think I have already refereed to him as such here) and three grandchildren to fill our lives with more joy and laughter.

Until next time,  remember.......Beef, It's What's for Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment