Monday, February 27, 2012

Things Happen in Threes.......

Yesterday morning Clara Bell appeared much weaker and we discovered that mom had mastitis (infection of the udder) in one teat.  We have treated Clara for pneumonia and mom for her infection.  They are both getting better!

Last night as we were doing chores we found another calf that was down with pneumonia.   We got him in the barn and doctored him and this morning he was up and nursing mom!  That was a great sight!

Now that our three negative things have happened, we are ready for some positives.

Even with all of these extra things occurring, we still have all of our regular daily chores to keep up with.

What do you do first when you get up in the morning?  Have a cup of coffee?  Read the paper?  Check your Facebook?

I grabbed a drink of Dr Pepper to take my allergy medications on my way out the door.  I took care of all of my baby calves, feed the yearling calves and helped Clara Bell nurse.  Then I changes clothes, fixed my lunch and grabbed something for breakfast to eat in the car on the way to my job.

I understand that we are all busy, but imagine adding the responsibility of the lives of multiple animals to your schedule everyday.

Until next time,  remember.......Beef, It's What's for Dinner!  

No comments:

Post a Comment